If you are a hospitable, team player you might be interested in joining our staff!
Must have at least 1 year of food prep/customer service experience.
MOFO’s BBQ is a family owned BBQ restaurant. We specialize in Southern-style breakfast and offer award-winning smoked BBQ meats and traditional sides. We are looking for an energetic, skilled individual to join our team!
Summary: The Food Prep/Customer Service Worker works primarily in the kitchen supporting the production of food products. The Food Prep/Customer Service Worker also operates the cash register, tends to the front of the house and maintains the grounds as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists in the preparation of hot and/or cold foods, and properly stores food, utilizing knowledge of temperature requirements and spoilage.
- Operates a variety of kitchen utensils to weigh, measure, mix, wash, peel, cut, grind, stir, strain, season and knead foodstuffs for cooking, serving and storing.
- Inspects workstations for compliance with service standards.
- Keeps records and requisition for supplies/equipment as needed.
- Cleans and sanitizes workstations and equipment.
- May have basic cooking responsibilities, i.e., cook vegetables, chicken for salads.
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures.
- Operates cash register and greets customers.
- Restocks front of house supplies.
- Attends in-service and safety meetings.
- Maintains good working relationships with coworkers, customers, administrators and managers.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Proven working experience in retail cashier or sales
- Basic PC knowledge and familiarity with electronic equipment (e.g. cash register, scanners, money counters etc)
- Strong communication and time management skills
- Customer satisfaction-oriented
- Attention to detail and mathematical skills
- Sales skills
- High school degree
- Proven experience as prep cook
- Knowledge of health and safety rules in a kitchen
- Manual dexterity able to operate cutting tools and kitchen utensils
- A team player with good communication skills
- Patient with an ability to stay positive under pressure
- Very good physical condition and endurance
- High school diploma or equivalent is desirable; Training from a culinary school will be an asset